Oletko miettinyt etupotkijuutta? Potkua tukemalla pääset etupotkijoiden omalle alueelle, jossa asiantuntijat vastaavat kysymyksiin. Lisäksi etupotkijana voit selata Potkua näkemättä yhtään mainosta. Tutustu ja mieti. :)

Medieval fighting event

Keskustelua Potku-tapahtumista ja muista yhteisistä karkeloista

Valvoja: Valvoja

ganzknapp
ilmaanpotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 5
Lauteille: Toukokuu 2013

Medieval fighting event

Viesti ganzknapp »

Hello!
Hope I choose the correct subforum for my announcement
First I should introduce myself. My name is Anatoli, I'm from Russia. I used to live and study in Vaasa (Finland) long time ago. I'm practicing kudo and more important, a new sport that is commonly known around the world as a "medieval fighting". It is not an official term, but it explains the idea.
The idea is- figthing with medieval weapons wearing medieval armor.
The main thesises are
-Armor and weapons are made of metal.. Mostly steel
-Most popular disciplines are 1x1, 5x5 and 21x21 (you can search for battle of nations event, it anually bring fighters from over 20 countries together, last event was held in France this may)
-Fights are full contact, full strenght.
- You can not only use weapons, but also punch, kick and make throws.

Our club (called Nurnberg) is biggest in Russia, we have departments all across Russia and in Germany. Now we want to establish department in Finland. I used to know lots of people doing martial arts across Finland, and I know that some may be interested in participating in such activity, and maybe even creating a national team.
The initial plan is to visit four cities in Finland (Oulu, Vaasa (or, probably Seinajoki), Tampere and Helsinki with short (8 -12 hour) seminars, where we tell, perform, train together.
So I wonder if it is worth discussing on this very forum, or is it totally wrong place?
Kuvake
JanneM
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 1
Lauteille: Tammikuu 2005

Medieval fighting event

Viesti JanneM »

This is correct place for this kind of discussion.
I'm sure you'll find people who might be interrested in here.

Welcome Anatoli.
-Janne Maunonen-
**No jasinui salmul saralra**
JKL Fight Club
Defendo JKL
American Defendo Academy
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Lauteille: Joulukuu 2004
Etulaji: HIIT, girya
Sivulajit: pilates, yinjooga
Takalajit: Tanglang
Yhteystiedot:

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Mika »

:tervetuloa:

There are several medieval enthusiasts here, so hopefully this topic will attract at least their attention. :)
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Rojola
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 2
Lauteille: Syyskuu 2005

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Rojola »

Kudo seminar would be fun too :)
Janne Paavilainen

Master of illusion is a student of reality.

Harjoitteletteko te siellä Bujinkanissa oikein tuelta tätä asioiden ja sanomisten vääristelyä ja asiayhteyksien muuten vain sekoittelua?
ganzknapp
ilmaanpotkija

Medieval fighting event

Viesti ganzknapp »

Kudo seminar is possible in the beginning of September or, probably, end of August
Kuvake
Risto R
etupotkija
Lauteille: Toukokuu 2005

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Risto R »

I guess that this clip reflects quite well what kind of activities one might encounter in a training session of your type of "medieval fighting" as you put it?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have come to understand that the purpose of each encounter within your style is to bash the other guy in to submission using swords, axes, punches etc while wearing armour? And that thrusting is prohibited?

Welcome to the forum!
Joensuun historiallisen miekkailun seura
"I [sword] am Royal, enforce justice, propagate goodness and destroy evil." -Fiore dei Liberi, 1409

Liity etupotkijaksi!
Kuusikko
munillepotkija
Lauteille: Lokakuu 2007

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Kuusikko »

Full contact with melee weapons? Even Calcio Storico sounds safe compared to that. Any deaths in the game so far?
Feo, Fuerte y Formal
navajas
kylkeenpotkija

Medieval fighting event

Viesti navajas »

Hi Anatoli,

I know quite a bit about the Battle of Nations. I have several friends in the team USA: Tony Lynch, Jeffrey Gali, and Dmitriy Ryaboy.

They have the same background as me in the SCA style fighting with rattan sticks. Jade Dauser who participated last year used to be my teacher.

Interesting idea you have there about bringing this here.
ganzknapp
ilmaanpotkija

Medieval fighting event

Viesti ganzknapp »

Kuusikko kirjoitti: Full contact with melee weapons? Even Calcio Storico sounds safe compared to that. Any deaths in the game so far?
Not really) You should wear armor that protects 90-95% of your body. So it is RELATIVELY safe. There used to be some severe injuries that influenced the rules to some extent, yet it is still a full contact sport
navajas kirjoitti: Hi Anatoli,

I know quite a bit about the Battle of Nations. I have several friends in the team USA: Tony Lynch, Jeffrey Gali, and Dmitriy Ryaboy.

They have the same background as me in the SCA style fighting with rattan sticks. Jade Dauser who participated last year used to be my teacher.

Interesting idea you have there about bringing this here.
Nice to hear there are some enthusiasts, especially connected to team USA which proves to be the most interesting team of battle of Nations in all respects.

So, since I can see some interest, I'll send some informational letter here about how the introductory seminar is usually done.
Kuvake
Rojola
etupotkija
Lauteille: Syyskuu 2005

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Rojola »

This Battle of Nations thing seems to be some serious shit.

[youtube][/youtube]

Quite unbelievable that there would not be loads of injuries as people hack each others with poleaxes to the head and cross-check back of the heads from a good run. In ice hockey, such maneuvers have caused severe injuries and even death.

A good amount of tackles, which seemed to be better strategy to take down opponents instead of sword play?

Looks like fun, lots of epic moments in the slow-motion recaps :)
Janne Paavilainen

Master of illusion is a student of reality.

Harjoitteletteko te siellä Bujinkanissa oikein tuelta tätä asioiden ja sanomisten vääristelyä ja asiayhteyksien muuten vain sekoittelua?
Kuvake
Risto R
etupotkija
Lauteille: Toukokuu 2005

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Risto R »

A few years ago I attended a small event in Finland that exhibited this style of fighting. The first thing the group asked about regarding general arrangements was "Where's the nearest hospital?" :D Maybe the situation has changed. It's quite understandable that the most dangerous techniques like thrusting is prohibited, although it changes things a bit.
Joensuun historiallisen miekkailun seura
"I [sword] am Royal, enforce justice, propagate goodness and destroy evil." -Fiore dei Liberi, 1409

Liity etupotkijaksi!
Kuvake
Disturbed
etupotkija
Lauteille: Lokakuu 2011

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Disturbed »

Looks interesting and fun for sure, if you will be doing Seminar in Seinäjoki or Vaasa, please inform in this thread. I might be in Norway though or somewhere else, but if im at home, I would love to attend this :)
There is no peace, no release, no cure for this disease
Jaakko Suhonen
polveenpotkija
Lauteille: Maaliskuu 2006

Medieval fighting event

Viesti Jaakko Suhonen »

I was watching the Battle of Nations-fights last May here in Warsaw, as the event took place in Fort Bema park 200m from my home. Very nice atmosphere, and yes, the ambulance guys seemed quite busy from time to time. Which I of course didn't mind as the decision to fight or not to fight is every "knight's" own choice and everyone knows the risks. By some uncanny weather-phenomenon, the temperature at 1st of May was appr. +33c all those days I felt quite sorry for the guys especially in dark/black armors. 8-)
"it is better to be hated for what you are
than to be loved for something you are not."
ganzknapp
ilmaanpotkija

Medieval fighting event

Viesti ganzknapp »

of course there are injuries. I just told that there are no deaths)))))

Anyway, the initial plan is:
3 (maybe 4) similar events in 3 or 4 cities across Finland. Lets say Oulu, Vaasa (or Seinajoki), Tampere (or Helsinki), Lappeenranta. I guess this is going to allow all interested people to attend the event.

Programm is-
Briefing, discussion, question-answers.
Performance- tournament fight, full contact fight.
Physical part
Training fights (with kickboxing helmets\vests\knee pads\elbow pads) with protected swords\shields.
Fights in real armor for those who would like to try.
Yhis is all going to be done under supervision, and everything is constantly explained by coaches.
Instruction language- English

Approximate timing- 2nd part of July- 1st part of Arugust
navajas
kylkeenpotkija

Medieval fighting event

Viesti navajas »

I would suggest not having these in July. A lot of people are on holiday. Plus SCA has a medieval camp during the third week of July, which will also take away many potential attendees.

Regarding the cities, I would really suggest having one in Helsinki since it has a lot of people interested in WMA. Tampere is another good one. So I would keep them both instead of one or the other.
Vastaa

Lauteilla

Käyttäjiä lukemassa tätä aluetta: Ei potkulaisia ja 36 kurkkijaa