Oletko miettinyt etupotkijuutta? Potkua tukemalla pääset etupotkijoiden omalle alueelle, jossa asiantuntijat vastaavat kysymyksiin. Lisäksi etupotkijana voit selata Potkua näkemättä yhtään mainosta. Tutustu ja mieti. :)

Tsykologia

Pannu aina kuumana ja pöydissä tilaa. Keskustelua kamppailulajien ulkopuolelta huumoria unohtamatta. :)

Valvoja: Valvoja

Vastaa
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 95
Lauteille: Joulukuu 2004
Etulaji: HIIT, girya
Sivulajit: pilates, yinjooga
Takalajit: Tanglang
Yhteystiedot:

Tsykologia

Viesti Mika »

Aihe on avoin kaikelle keskustelulle psykologiasta, joka ei sovi muihin ketjuihin.

Each day, we are bombarded with options -- at the local coffee shop, at work, in stores or on the TV at home. Do you want a double-shot soy latte, a caramel macchiato or simply a tall house coffee for your morning pick-me-up" Having choices is typically thought of as a good thing. Maybe not, say researchers who found we are more fatigued and less productive when faced with a plethora of choices.
:arrow:
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

Kuva
Brain regions (shown in green) from which the outcome of a participant' s decision can be predicted before it is made. The top shows an enlarged 3D view of a pattern of brain activity in one informative brain region. Computer-based pattern classifiers can be trained to recognize which of these micropatterns typically occur just before either left or right decisions. These classifiers can then be used to predict the outcome of a decision up to 7 seconds before a person thinks he is consciously making the decision. Image: John-Dylan Haynes
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
sivarinlötkö
päähänpotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 4
Lauteille: Kesäkuu 2005

Re: Tsykologia

Viesti sivarinlötkö »

Mika kirjoitti:
researchers who found we are more fatigued and less productive when faced with a plethora of choices.
Johan olen tämän jo kauan tiennyt, joka kerta kun olen karjaissut "AAARRRGHHH, liikaa valinnanvaraa!" :D
Kuvake
bob
kylkeenpotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 1
Lauteille: Tammikuu 2005

Viesti bob »

Mika kirjoitti:
Brain regions (shown in green) from which the outcome of a participant' s decision can be predicted before it is made. The top shows an enlarged 3D view of a pattern of brain activity in one informative brain region. Computer-based pattern classifiers can be trained to recognize which of these micropatterns typically occur just before either left or right decisions. These classifiers can then be used to predict the outcome of a decision up to 7 seconds before a person thinks he is consciously making the decision. Image: John-Dylan Haynes
Tämä on kyllä hurjaa hommaa. Joskus takavuosina näin tai luin jotain (täydellinen esimerkki lähdeviittauksesta :D), jossa moinen ilmiö liitettiin keskusteluun vapaasta tahdosta ja tietoisuudesta tai sen illuusiosta.
Aivan sama siis juoda vielä se viimenenkin kalja, kun se kerran on jo seitsemän sekuntia sitten päätetty!
Kimura No Mae Ni Kimura Nashi. Kimura No Ato Ni Kimura Nashi.

"Yeah, it's my life. But at least it's half over." - Al Bundy
Kuvake
Tero
munillepotkija
Lauteille: Huhtikuu 2005

Viesti Tero »

bob kirjoitti:
Mika kirjoitti:
Tämä on kyllä hurjaa hommaa. Joskus takavuosina näin tai luin jotain (täydellinen esimerkki lähdeviittauksesta :D), jossa moinen ilmiö liitettiin keskusteluun vapaasta tahdosta ja tietoisuudesta tai sen illuusiosta.
Aivan sama siis juoda vielä se viimenenkin kalja, kun se kerran on jo seitsemän sekuntia sitten päätetty!
Joo tuo on kyllä ihän ällistyttävää. Hesarin tiedesivuilla tästä oli muistaakseni juttua joskus taannoin. Siinä anneettiin ymmärtää, että tietoisuus saattakin olla vaan "kommenttiraitaa" tekemisillemme. Siinäpä olisi filosofeille pähkäiltävää. Käsittääkseni aika moni länsimaisen yhteiskunnan käsitteellisitä peruspilareista nojaa kuitenkin tuohon vapaaseen tahtoon.
Vlad Tepes
päähänpotkija
Lauteille: Elokuu 2005

Viesti Vlad Tepes »

sterbok kirjoitti: Joo tuo on kyllä ihän ällistyttävää. Hesarin tiedesivuilla tästä oli muistaakseni juttua joskus taannoin. Siinä anneettiin ymmärtää, että tietoisuus saattakin olla vaan "kommenttiraitaa" tekemisillemme. Siinäpä olisi filosofeille pähkäiltävää. Käsittääkseni aika moni länsimaisen yhteiskunnan käsitteellisitä peruspilareista nojaa kuitenkin tuohon vapaaseen tahtoon.
Uskoisin, että kannattaisi olla kuitenkin aika varovainen ennen kuin esittää mitään varmaa tutkimuksiin liittyen. Ettei käy niin, että teoria on tärkeämpää kuin raaka todellisuus.

Mutta hyvinkin mielenkiintoista ja filosofisesti tärkeää.
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

Mielenkiintoinen tutkimus. Ihan loogista toisaalta.
Images of sexy women tend to whet men's sexual appetite. But stimulating new research in the Journal of Consumer Research says there's more than meets the eye. A recent study shows that men who watched sexy videos or handled lingerie sought immediate gratification— even when they were making decisions about money, soda, and candy.
>>>
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

What if your friend had a large apple pie but gave you only a sliver? Would you throw the piece on the floor in protest? Maybe, depending on your brain chemistry.
>>>
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

Experimental psychologist and author Steven Pinker talks to Kerri Smith about courtesy, concepts, cursing - and why we never say what we mean.
Steven Pinkerin haastattelu kielestä. 25 minuuttia hyvää ja mielenkiintoista asiaa.

Uskontojen yhteys fuck-sanaan oli jännä, mutta täysin looginen, nyt kun sitä ajattelee.

Suosittelen kuuntelemaan. Pinker on aikamme merkittävimpiä tieteilijöitä alallaan.
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

No, tämähän on hauska. :D

Imagine a business executive who thinks: "I know that this new policy will harm the environment, but I don't care at all about that – I just want to increase profits." Is the business executive harming the environment intentionally? Faced with this question from a University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill philosopher, 82 percent of people polled said yes.

But then UNC scholar Joshua Knobe changed the word "harm" to "help." This time, the executive thinks: "I know that this new policy will help the environment, but I don't care at all about that – I just want to increase profits." Is the business executive helping the environment intentionally? This time, only 33 percent of respondents said yes.
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

Revealing the science behind age-old magic tricks will help us better understand how humans see, think, and act, according to researchers at the University of British Columbia and Durham University in the U.K.
>>>

Siellä on jänniä videoita! 8-)
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

A team of researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) has used brain imaging, genetics and experimental psychology techniques to identify a connection between brain reward circuitry, a behavioral measurement of preference and a gene variant that appears to influence both. The report in the August 4 issue of Archives of General Psychiatry describes how variations in a gene involved with the brain's reward function are associated with the activity of a key brain structure and, in parallel, with the effort study participants 'invest' in viewing emotion-laden facial images. The findings have implications for how genes may influence healthy or dysfunctional behavior involving choices in many different areas.
>>>
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

Kuva

An athlete blind since birth shows a "pride" response. (Image courtesy Jessica Tracy / PNAS)
Blind athletes who have never seen a victory celebration raise their arms in triumph when they win and slump their shoulders when they lose, much like sighted athletes, researchers have found.

The discovery, they add, suggests both pride and shame and their expressions are biologically hard-wired "universals. "
http://www.world-science.net/othernews/080811_pride" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Kuvake
Mika
etupotkija
Yhteystiedot:

Viesti Mika »

Eight-year-old children have a radically different learning strategy from twelve-year- olds and adults. Eight-year-olds learn primarily from positive feedback ('Well done!'), whereas negative feedback ('Got it wrong this time') scarcely causes any alarm bells to ring. Twelve-year- olds are better able to process negative feedback, and use it to learn from their mistakes. Adults do the same, but more efficiently.
http://www.physorg.com/news141554842.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ไม่เป็นไร
Zen, I haz it.

Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Potki etuja!
Vastaa

Lauteilla

Käyttäjiä lukemassa tätä aluetta: Ei potkulaisia ja 70 kurkkijaa